I was worried for my Monday weigh-in. With last week being spring break I didn't get to work out as much as I wanted. Plus the ENORMOUS stress of trying to get our house in Durant finally closed so we could meet the deadline with the new one. It has been EXTREMELY stressful. I was worried that I might fall of the wagon with the diet but I actually ended up doing the opposite. I didn't eat as much as I was supposed to. I guess my mind wasn't really on eating food... just getting things done.
Needless to say, I was worried that I had screwed up my 'fat burning' mode. When I weighed in Monday morning I was down another 3.5 lbs!! Crazy. That made 5 lbs for the week and a total of 18 lbs since I started!!
Now, I have a couple of people who have said that I need to put up a before picture (and my bff thinks I should post pics of me trying my skinny jeans on throughout the process...not!). I have struggled with this. Only because I'd really like to just forget that the whole fat thing happened! But, for some reason people are highly entertained by before and after pictures! And really, before and after is so realtive! 'Before' like 20 years ago? Or 'before' like 2 years ago? So, for entertainment pictures I will share with you the 'before'.
This is me before:
Hee hee, just kidding! I'm pretty funny aren't I?
I thought I would start with a picture of me when I was 20 yrs old. I see now that I was pretty skinny. (Back then I didn't think that!)
I love this picture of me! I'm having fun and seem relatively happy. I also do not have issues with weight to bogg me down.
Fast forward to present day.
Seriously, I was trying to think back to when it really hit me that I was too overweight. I say 'too overweight' because I've known for years that I was overweight. But when did something really say, "Okay, this is ridiculous!" There are a few pictures that prompted this thinking. Like this one:
This is me with one of my dearest friends - Amber. When I looked at this picture I thought, "OMG, I have really put on the weight."
Then there is this one:
Just a quick snapshot of me and my hubby. I remember seeing this and HATING this picture of me. Frumpy... flabby.... miserable.
Then there is this one... The Kicker:
I just look miserable. I felt miserable. My cute skinny little legs... gone. My face... too round. My arms... thick. Truthfully, I felt miserable. When I saw this picture I knew I had to do something. It was shortly after this picture was taken that I submitted my entry for the Slim Chance Competition.
And the rest... is being written into history!






2 comments:
Ahhhh! I love your sense of humor! Love the skinny pic! Girrrl...you got some HOT legs! I love the pic of us. Also...you are cute no matter how big you are! I heart you! Also....good job on the total wieght loss....MAN! How does it feel?
Ahhh Steph you took my advice and threw up some photos. Good job!!! even if it was to humor me. I agree with Amber, I think you are beautiful no matter what. I applaud you for looking so dang good after 4 kids period. Keep up the good work and the insight.
Judy
Post a Comment