Monday, March 2, 2009

Turkey Dinner

That's what I had yesterday. A very yummy smoked turkey with green bean casserole and sweet potatoes followed up by some dang yummy carrot cake. What? I know it's not Thanksgiving. I'm not losing my marbles. This was my 'last meal' of sorts. And man was it yummy!!! Alex Hart had a few beers... I had a turkey dinner. On Saturday I had a Braum's chocolate malt with extra malt (malt is kind of like beer). It will probably be a while until I can enjoy one of these again!

Getting to meet everyone involved in this little competition was really fun... gotta know who I'm up against! Today we met at the Metabolic Research Center for our introduction to the food aspect of the weight loss. I have to say, this was a ton of information to absorb! Not to mention, the insane amount of pills I'm going to have to ingest. Up until about 10 years ago I couldn't swallow pills. It was all mental but I had a hard time! I even have a hard time with birth control pills!

After the joy of being weighed and measured was over, Martha and I checked out the Fort Smith Athletic Club. I must say I was really excited about this!! I can't wait to get to work in that place! My best friend is a Zumba instructor in New Jersey and I've been to a couple of classes before. They are so much fun! Bring on the Zumba!!

So, I should have introduced myself at the beginning of this post but it didn't really flow with the title. Here ya go:

I'm 35. I've been married for almost 12 years to a fantastic husband. We have 4 awesome kiddos (sometimes). We just moved to Ft Smith about 6 months ago from Durant, OK. I'm almost 50lbs over weight. Insane. I've always just told myself that it was from having a butt-load of kids. But truth is, I haven't cared enough about myself to take care of myself. Now I do.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and working hand in hand with Catherine, Martha, Angela and Alex to make a dream come true! And to win, of course!!


post signature

No comments: