Monday, March 9, 2009

What a Weekend!

I have A LOT of things swimming around in my head that I want to share with you all but I need to do it so that it makes sense... so bear with me!

I guess I need to back track a bit...

Our trip to Fayetteville was a success! I didn't feel tempted at all by the delicious Chick-Fillet that everybody else was eating and I was not starving at all with my salad and protein drink! This is great news for me! So, I CAN eat out with other people and make good choices on food!! I will say that I'm not sure how ANYONE can eat 8 oz of salad vegetables. This coming from a salad lover. I really do love salad. But, 8 oz!!! It's as big as my head! I'm only able to eat about 5 oz which is mostly cucumbers, green peppers, and cauliflower for heavier weight (with some romaine lettuce and spinach)! I'm working on it though!

Dinner on Saturday was spent at my dad's house to celebrate my brother's birthday. I had to make my own dinner because they were having spaghetti. I was fine with that. It really wasn't that bad. I did have a tinge of desire for some of the Better Than 'Six Flags' Cake that everyone else was scarfing down but I just went into the other room and the desire left!! I guess I'm learning that I don't really 'crave' food I just eat bad stuff out of habit. But now that I have a commitment there is no craving. It's great.

Sunday night and last night I made food for my whole family and strangely enough they all LOVED it!! Who knew that two of my kids would love raw cauliflower? I've never bought it for them before so I had no idea! Turkey patties one night, grilled fish the next.... I'm scoring big in the "Best Mom in the World" competition now too!

This is what I eat for breakfast each morning (at least for the first 4 days):


Measly, isn't it? Truth is, that purple protein drink has 15g of protein in it and fills you right up! So, I really never feel hungry!!

I've been trying to go to the gym everyday... that way if I miss a day it's not that big of a deal. Sat and Sun aren't added into that equation. So I'm trying for 4-5 days a week. We'll see if I can make it happen!

Yesterday was my weigh in (drum roll, please)... 5 lbs lost! In one week! Can you even believe it?! I realize that a lot of that might be water retention but hey... I'll take it!!

Tomorrow starts the next menu where I will be allowed some other food options. Thank goodness. This is hard but not impossible. Especially, when you are in the zone!

The MRC people suggested pulling out an old piece of clothing that we can't fit into anymore and using it as a visual motivater. Uh. Here's the deal. I don't have any. Like Angela, I gave it all away. And even if I did have something it would probably be totally out of style! Well, as I was poking around in our storage unit for something I came across a tub with my name on it. Well, I'll be! Some old clothes that I just couldn't let go of!! I found a pair of jeans that I was wearing the night that I met my husband. Before you look at the picture let me just warn you that it was a "Disco" themed dance so the jeans are a teeny bit bell-bottomy (if that's such a word). But they are going to be my motivator!!! For now anyway, until I can find something totally cute and girly that I would look fabulous in!!


Wish me luck!!

post signature

4 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I want to see a picture of your breakfast WITH all the pills you have to take scattered about.

2. I want to see a picture of you in these jeans from way-back-when.

3. I'd like to see a picture of you trying to get the jeans on now. Just for added drama. Not to sound mean anything. It's all about the DRAMA.

Steph said...

LOL!! I'll see what I can do. I'm all about pleasing the audience!

Anonymous said...

These are the pants? I soooo wouldn't make fun of you for wearing them...lol.

Steph said...

Thank you, Breanne! They look worse in person!