So, I 'cheated' (or as they say at MRC.... ate Off Plan) for the first time in almost 10 weeks!
My family went to Branson (basically just Silver Dollar City) this weekend for my daughter's birthday and Mother's Day. Before I went I had tossed around the idea of having some funnel cake and Culver's frozen custard. Why? Because I love those things! I finally decided that it was worth it to me but I would only have a very small amount. And then stop. And that's exactly what I did.
I bought a funnel cake at SDC and cut it like a pie into 8 small pieces. I had one. And I was satisfied. I didn't want anymore. It was the perfect size.
Before we left to come home we went to Culver's Frozen Custard.... which I LOVE! I had a chicken salad and a mini scoop of chocolate frozen custard. I shared it with my 2 year old but truthfully, I ate most of it. Still.... I was happy with the little scoop. It satisfied my craving and I was happy.
Do I feel guilt? Not one bit. I didn't 'cheat' because I lost control and I didn't go on a binge. I think because I was able to have a choice and control the amounts I had no guilt. Curiosity? Yes. VERY curious how my weigh-in would turn out on Monday morning.
Drum roll, please...... DOWN 2LBS!!!
I couldn't believe it! I was truly shocked. I would've been very happy to have just maintained my weight but to be down was such a treat!! I guess it was from all the excercise! I walked that whole park pushing a stroller with at least one kid in it at all times for two straight days AND I went running Monday morning.
So, there you have it.
I reassured Danny at MRC that there was no way I was letting this experience be an excuse to do it again! Game on! Just 3 more weeks left in the contest!

2 comments:
Woohoo! Bring it on! Have you found out yet what the "prize" may be?
a new body?
Post a Comment