I'm FINALLY at a healthy BMI for the first time in a LONG time!! I used the BMI calculator on WebMD when I first started this thing and I was at 31.... that is considered 'obese', people! Obese sounds like such an awful word! Yet, that's what I was!
I used the calculator again on Friday after my weigh-in and I was at 25.2 which is right on the line between 'overweight' and 'healthy'... this was great! After my weigh-in today I was down 2 more lbs and my BMI is at 24.2!!!!! This is fantastic! I feel great! For the first time since having my first kiddo I am in a healthy range!
A friend of mine who has done MRC before (but is preggers right now) said something to me the other day that I will forever remember.... "Success is the greatest motivator." IT'S SO TRUE! I'm motivated by my own success!! I can do this.... I've proven it!!!
Something else that I never thought I could do was become a runner.... I didn't want to. I have TERRIBLE memories of being on the Jr. High track team and running the mile relay. I hated it. I had absolutely NO endurance whatsoever! At a meet I actually quit half way through my leg of the relay... quit.... stopped... I didn't walk or try to keep going... I quit. Boy was my coach ticked! He encouraged me to do the long jump.
Well, I can proudly say that I am officially a runner! More like a jogger. I go to the track at 6:15 AM three days a week and run with my friend Amy. In an effort to help another friend get motivated in the healthy living department I stupidly agreed to run a 5k with her in the fall... what was I thinking?! THREE MILES!!! I must be insane. So far, I'm enjoying it! Amy and I are using a training schedule to get us ready and I'm burning WAY more calories than walking on the treadmill at the gym. I haven't been there in two weeks. I do need to get some strength training under my belt but I'm just trying to focus on one thing at a time right now.
And, for any of you out there that are mothers to pre-teen girlies.... I've inquired about starting a Girls on the Run program here in Ft. Smith!!! Go here to read about it!
Two more weeks in the competition!!! Peace out!!!

1 comment:
GOTR is the best program. I told Amber about it and she is starting one in her school! It rocks!!! Seriously one of the best experiences my daughter has had outside of school. We are really looking forward to her continuing her running skills and the other skills she learned throughout her life. So worth it! Glad you are doing one in your school too. I am sure your girls will love it.
Post a Comment